Who Should Be Tested?
Who can benefit from a hearing test?
Anyone with hearing loss can benefit from a hearing evaluation at any of our 15 locations. If you, or someone you love, suspects they are having hearing difficulties, please schedule a time to come in and learn about all the solutions available to you.
How do I know if I need a hearing test?
Ask yourself these questions:
- Do you find yourself asking others to repeat themselves?
- Do people seem to mumble more often, making it hard for you to understand them?
- Do you have problems understanding women’s or children’s voices?
- Do you have difficulty following conversation while riding in a car?
- Do you find yourself turning up the volume on the TV, radio or stereo?
- Do you find it difficult to follow conversation in crowded rooms?
- Do you want – or need – to sit closer to the front in church, theaters, or auditoriums?
- Do you sometime discover that during normal conversation, you have raised your speaking voice, and seem to be almost shouting?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you should see an audiologist for a hearing evaluation. The audiologist is an expert in hearing testing, and hearing aids, and can accurately help you find answers. This may be in the form of hearing aids, or a referral to an Ear, Nose, and Throat physician.
When to get a Hearing Evaluation
The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association advises adults ages 50 and older to get hearing tests every three years. And if you are younger and experience any changes in your hearing, ringing in the ears or ear pain, it is important that you get an evaluation to determine the cause. Schedule an appointment with a Hearing Specialists of Texas audiologist.