Why Choose An Audiologist?
The first step in treatment of hearing difficulties is to get your hearing thoroughly evaluated by an audiologist. An audiologist will determine the degree of hearing loss you have and your best treatment options.
Audiologists are health care professionals specializing in the evaluation, diagnosis, treatment and management of hearing loss and balance disorders for both adults and children.
What Does an Audiologist Do?
- Diagnose hearing loss and balance disorders
- Treat most forms of hearing loss
- Prescribe, fit, and dispense hearing aids
- Provide hearing rehabilitation
- Assess and treat central auditory processing disorders
- Hold an advanced degree and are licensed to practice by the state of Texas
- Receive continuing education to maintain their license
- Treat patients of all ages: infants, children, teens, adults and the elderly
At Hearing Specialists of Texas, our audiologists work in conjunction with the board certified physicians at Texas ENT Specialists to coordinate care. When it comes to something as vital as your hearing, seek a hearing specialist, a Hearing Specialists of Texas audiologist.